Friday, August 31, 2007

Its On

Last night the 2007 NCAA football season got off to a blazing start and ended with a yawn and a whimper. I was really looking forward to seeing how Mississippi St. and Coach Croom would fair against the LSU Tigers last night. I had hoped that it would be somewhat of a game but my hopes were never realized.
Whether it be the number of athletes that LSU possesses or the lack of athletes on MSU's team, the game was never in question. I was hoping to get a read on how good the LSU Qbs would stack up vs. the departed J. Russell but the bulldog defence just wasn't a match for anything that LSU had. Although they have heart, States "D" just didn't have the size or the speed to match up or put up any resistance to the tigers.
I am sorry to see that a class man like Croom doesn't have the talent to make MSU better than they are or than they, their fans deserve.
I guess I will have to wait till next week to get a read on the LSU qb's when they get a taste of a much more talented and highly ranked Virginia Tech squad. SEC vs. ACC powers!

1 comment:

Carol ReMarks said...

GAH, you turn me on when you talk like that!