Monday, September 24, 2007

How Bout Them Dawgs


I haven't really said anything about this before, but yes I am a Georgia Bulldog fan. Having grown up in south Georgia and been witness to some of the greatest Georgia football moments that the bulldogs have been part of, I have always been proud to be a Georgia Fan.
This past weekend I was privileged and honored to take my family to Tuscaloosa for the game between the Dawgs and the Crimson Tide. I was quite impressed with the campus and the stadium. Its not Sanford Stadium in Athens but it is quite impressive. Yes there is some bias here!!!!!
It was the kids and my sweeties first trip to a BIG TIME SEC game, and although they were a little nervous and apprehensive, they were troopers and seemed to have enjoyed themselves.
And yes folks this is a house divided!!!!!! They are all Bama fans. Although the man child tried to root for Georgia, I that deep down he was pulling for Bama. And as it were the game came down to an heroic overtime play that thrilled the small yet vocal contingent of Georgia fans and left the Bama fans still seeking a miracle from the Bear.
I must say that my first trip to the Capstone was quite memorable and I have nothing but high praise for the University and the experience. I do hope to make it back there for another fall gridiron contest.

No comments: