Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bowl Season 2102

WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! Boy I really hate to start an entry this way. College football, a tradition in the south. Something that I wait for every year to roll around has come and is almost gone. Now all that is left is bowl season and the crowning of the national champion. Well hu-fricking-rah!!!! As I write this and I am not sure of when I will post it, there are 40 days until the title game. 40 long, cold damp winter days to endure until the pinnacle game of the 2012 college football season is played. 40 days, really!!! They could play the damn thing this week and it would make more since in light of the excuses that would be doled out if asked. So we need not bother asking why and just accept as is for now. So now before we are treated to this crystal ball celebration, lets consider what the NCAA, the BCS, and college football has in store for us that will ease our with drawl from the overload of games, most of which had some meaning, and allow us to survive these long winter days. Trumpets and drum roll please, ITS BOWL SEASON 2012!!!!! Hot dam am I excited! Lets just get right into it and not delay the magic which we are to witness in the upcoming weeks. Starting on December 15th we jump right in with not one but TWO games. That"s right, TWO games. Its kinda like getting to the party late or anticipating the party so that when you get there you get two drinks and drink them fast to catch up with the crowd. Well slow down cowboy. On this fine day we are treated to the: Gilbon New Mexico Bowl and the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. Please get we to the bar quick because there is nothing to see here and I need another drink!!! Maybe tomorrows line up will be better. Oh shit, I realized after studying the rest of the schedule that I just can't go on writing anymore about this. I was going to list the bowls and point out the absurdity of it all and the way that they all have just become meaningless but I have lost interest. So here is what I think the bowl schedule should be this year to make it a very happy Christmas for all. All games played between Dec 27th and Jan 1 with the National Championship Game to be played at 7:00 Eastern time on the 1st. Now the rest of the times I will leave to the TV people but all games will be televised and no two games can be played at the same time. Here are the match ups: Alabama vs. Notre Dame for the obvious reasons, Florida vs. Ohio State, Oregon vs Kansas St., Georgia vs. Oklahoma, Stanford vs. LSU, FSU. vs. South Carolina, Clemson vs. Texas A&M. This would much more exciting and interesting
than the San Diego Health and Welfare Office Upkeep Bowl featuring two well matched 6 win 6 lose teams. I give up and I gotta pee!

No comments: